HiringNavigator - Screening Assessment Module
Finding the right candidates quickly results in cost effective selection
The HiringNavigator screening assessment module allows organizations to screen and test candidates reliably and automatically when they apply for a position. This module can be utilized for all job opening and is ideal for openings that result in large numbers of applicants. Navient's FoundationsNavigator links competencies and job profiles to ensure a solid basis for selecting the right job candidates. For organizations requiring assistance in pre-screening assessment, testing, competency profiling, interview assessment, or other selection areas, Navient offers a variety of Consulting Services.
HiringNavigator's screening assessment module allows organizations to easily build and link custom assessment questionnaires to their on-line job postings. These questionnaires reflect the specific requirements and competencies of the position and provide significantly more relevant applicant information than a traditional resume. Organizations can more effectively manage large applicant pools, accelerate actions and decisions on the best candidates, thereby reducing the wasted time and unnecessary costs of manually reviewing applications.
"The proliferation of on-line resumes and automated job agents has resulted in huge responses to posted positions. Pre-screening applicants to a success profile based on relevant knowledge, skills and abilities is the only efficient approach to ensuring a high quality and manageable candidate pool."
HiringNavigator enables a fast, flexible and objective pre-screening assessment process. It offers:
More on HiringNavigator
- Pre-screening Assessment Questionnaires
- Utilizes competency based measures
- Embedded as part of the job application process
- Covers technical proficiency
- Resume content review
- Custom application questions
- Threshold Settings
- Knock out questions
- Automatic email notifications to recruiters of superior candidates
- Automatic progression of candidates to screening interview
- Integrated with related applications
- Links seamlessly to Navient's Screening Assessment and Interviewing Modules
- Contains an integrated applicant tracking module and is compatible with third party systems
The HiringNavigator's Screening Assessment module is focused on candidate pre-screening and selection testing. It is not uncommon for recruiters to be flooded with resumes for open positions. With this module, recruiters can screen and test applicants reliably and automatically when they apply for an open position. Candidate pools are rank ordered based on assessment results so recruiters can act quickly on the most promising candidates. Large applicant pools can be managed easily and accurately. No more wasted time with unproductive resume reviews and key word scanning.
Recruiters and hiring managers can easily build and link custom screening assessment questionnaires to their on-line job postings. No matter where the posting is listed, when an applicant clicks on the "Apply Now" link, they will be presented with a short but powerful assessment questionnaire based upon the requisite competencies and success profile. The assessment questionnaire reflects the specific requirements of the job and provides a valid and reliable method for progressing the best applicants to the next stage of the hiring process.
Unlike stand-alone screening and testing products, HiringNavigator is based upon the competencies and success profiles developed within our FoundationsNavigator application ensuring that the criteria utilized in screening and testing are relevant to the job and can be carried through the entire process. This integration provides a consistent and thorough approach to screening, testing, interviewing and selecting the best candidates.
The Assessment Module has the following components:
HiringNavigator's Assessment Module is a flexible pre-screening and testing application that reduces hiring costs, saves time, and results in more streamlined and efficient hiring.
- Competency Based Measures Recruiters and hiring managers quickly and easily define the competency requirements for an open position. Alternatively, they can select from pre-existing competency profiles. Candidates provide proficiency ratings for each required competency. Candidates are asked to provide a supporting example of an accomplishment for high proficiency ratings.
- Behavioral Measures Assess key work-related behavioral attributes with methods supported by decades of published research findings. Each measure contains specific dimensions or scales that are relevant to success on the target job.
- Technical Skill Ratings Candidates also provide proficiency ratings on the technical skill requirements of the job.
- Knowledge Tests Candidates are assessed on specific knowledge requirements critical to performance in the target job.
- Resume Content Review Recruiters specify key words to be used for search and how many words should be matched in an acceptable candidate resume.
- Custom Application Questions Recruiters create or select custom questions from available database categories. These questions can relate to minimum requirements, critical preferences and interests, desired experience levels, or other important areas of exploration.
- "Knock out" Questions Questions that have an assigned property of a "knock out" question prevents further progression of the candidate through the remaining sections of the questionnaire and therefore fails to qualify the candidate as an applicant. These questions are presented first in the questionnaire series.
- Threshold Settings Recruiters will have the option of setting "threshold values" for overall questionnaire performance. Meeting or exceeding these threshold values triggers one or more of the following actions:
- Automatic Email Notification Recruiters receive an automatic email in real time of candidates that meet or exceed threshold value so the recruiter can take immediate action on superior candidates
- Applicant Progression Recruiters can manually progress or set up criteria that will automatically progress applicants to the screening interview phase.
- Candidate Progression Candidates are initially ranked according to their performance at time of application. Recruiters can review the data collected for each candidate and progress candidates to the next step of the hiring process. ScreeningNavigator seamlessly integrates with Navient InterviewNavigator, providing a total automated selection solution with full reporting capabilities. Standard email communications to candidates can be initiated based on candidate status.
- Integration with other systems The HiringNavigator Assessment Module integrates with all Navient solutions as well as other applicant tracking or HRIS systems.
Navient HiringNavigator Advantages
- Reduces resume and job application reviewing time and associated costs
- Accelerates hiring decisions on superior candidates
- Easily manages large applicant pools
- Reduces the risk and legal exposure of inappropriate and inconsistent screening and testing methods
- Documents the entire screening process, meeting hiring compliance requirements
- Available expert Consulting Services to accelerate or assist with customization and/or implementation